Low-Dose and Ultra-Low-Dose Birth Control Pills
This trial, called REDO, was conceived after it was observed that most patients with RA are well controlled on a single injection of 1, mg of rituximab even though this is half the standard dose of two 1, mg doses given 15 days apart. The study was designed to determine whether even lower doses could be used. The study enrolled patients with RA who were being retreated with rituximab after responding previously to this therapy. In a ratio, patients were randomized to single rituximab injections of 1, mg, mg, or mg. Outcome then were compared at the end of 6 months.
Noninferiority was defined as 0. Although noninferior at 3 months, the mg dose did not meet the noninferiority criteria at 6 months. Due to a hierarchical design, evaluation of the mg dose was precluded by the negative result with the mg dose.
People also read
However, the majority of patients did respond to both the mg and mg dose. Some examples are:. Ultra-low-dose pills seem to be just as good at preventing pregnancy as higher dose options. They also come with a lower risk of side effects such as headaches and fluid retention.
Reviewed by Traci C. Johnson on June 24, Aponte, M. Cianci, A. Minerva Ginecologica.
- Ultra low-dose rituximab retains promise in rheumatoid arthritis | MDedge Rheumatology.
- related stories.
- Ultra-low rituximab doses may not be appropriate in RA.
- From A Flicker To A Flame.
- Curves and Surfaces (UNITEXT)?
- Post-menopausal Hormone Therapy Improving the Risk Benefit Ratio with Ultra-low Doses of Estrogen!
- Dark Matters.
Time to Finally End the Controversy. Kripke, C. IV contrast material is often necessary for proper evaluation of the head, chest and abdomen. Orally administered contrast material is usually necessary for CT scans of the abdomen and pelvis, where it helps visualize the gastrointestinal tract.
Iodinated contrast is very safe. However, if you have ever had kidney failure or a history of an allergic reaction to iodinated contrast, we will not use iodinated contrast.
Depending on the part of your body getting examined, we may have different instructions or preparation involved. Please view our patient instructions for CT scans for more information. With the latest multi-detector CT scanners, most CT exams take less than minutes. If intravenous contrast material is required for your exam, a temporary IV will be placed in your arm by a nurse.
However, there should be no effects from the scan or the contrast injection. You may be asked to wait for a short time to make sure that you feel well, but most times, you may go home and continue your normal routine after the exam.
- The Sassafras Tree.
- Modeling Time-Dependent Economic Data by Boosting Methods;
- QUARTET: A quadruple ultra-low dose treatment for patients with hypertension..
- Killing Them Gently (A Supernatural Detective Series of Crime and Suspense)?
- Low-Dose Birth Control: 15 Pills to Try, Benefits, and Side Effects!
- Braided Selves: Collected Essays on Multiplicity, God, and Persons;
CT scans are fundamentally different from MRIs.